We believe that by empowering individuals to share their experiences with service providers, we can collectively improve our community and, in turn, better serve under-resourced families.
We encourage One Degree members to share their first-hand experiences, and we provide several tools on our platform to do so. While everyone’s opinions are valid, not all types of expression are appropriate on One Degree. We have a diversity of people using the One Degree platform, and we want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for all.
We require that all members follow these guidelines when contributing content to One Degree (in the form of reviews, public notes, collections, etc.).
- No offensive language: Hate speech or other types of bigotry are unacceptable. We consider hate speech content that maligns characteristics of an entire group of people such as their age, ancestry, color, disability, religion, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, race, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
- No personal harassment: Threats, harassment, bullying, or other personal attacks have no place on One Degree. Threats of physical violence are also unacceptable. When leaving a review, do not mention anyone’s full name. If writing about someone who works at an organization, it is permissible to add their first name and job title or function.
- No personal information: Posting of one’s own or another individual’s personal information is unacceptable. Personal information includes, but is not limited to a person’s full name, email address, social security number, credit card number, home address, and phone number.
- No sexually explicit content: While some appropriate content could refer to issues of sexuality, content that uses gratuitous, graphic, or lewd language or images to describe issues of sexuality are unacceptable.
- No illegal content: Any content deemed illegal in the State of California will be removed.
- Avoid impersonation and conflicts of interest: Impersonating others or writing content on behalf of someone else is prohibited. If writing as a representative of an organization, the writer should clearly state their affiliation with the organization.
- Avoid misplaced content: One Degree helps members search for and access services; it does not provide direct services. Reviews written about an Opportunity or Organization are not directly forwarded to the service provider. If a writer needs to reach the provider, they should contact the provider directly using the information found on One Degree.
- No commercial content: One Degree is a nonprofit supported by donors, foundations, grants, and government agencies. Therefore, we avoid any activity that may directly or indirectly help for-profit entities generate revenue. Promoting a business through user-provided content is also prohibited.
These guidelines help One Degree cultivate an inclusive and safe environment. We will remove content that violates these guidelines and notify the person who contributed it. We may also disable the account of any user who repeatedly violates this policy.
If you see content on One Degree that violates